Sunday, January 31, 2010

Michael Jackson's This Is It

We rented this DVD Friday night and watched it with the boys.  If you haven't seen it yet, it is a great film.  I have a new appreciation for MJ and who he was.  Like many people, I've let the negative publicity over the year cloud my judgement.  It is clear there was more to this man.  What impressed me the most in the film was how kind and humble he was to cast and crew members on the set.  I would expect MJ to be a diva, he was the King of Pop after all, but he wasn't.  He was considerate of other's feelings and needs.  It was clear this show was his production.  He added input on every note, every cue, every dance step.  It truly was his work and not the vision of some director or choreographer.  I give it a thumbs up!

1 comment:

Carla said...

That's a movie I will have to rent! I've always loved MJ's music, grew up with him!! Thanks for the insight on the dvd, definitely a must see on my list!!